We’re all creatures of habit. What do your habits say about you, and how do they benefit your health and wellness?
Taking conscious steps to create a wellness routine that actively enhances your mental and physical health lays the groundwork for a powerful habit of self-care.
Are you interested in trying yoga or meditation for the first time? Do you meditate or practise yoga occasionally? Are these wellness practices a regular part of your life, but is something missing?
Our guide to a CBD-infused yoga or meditation routine offers inspiration and actionable tips for a more grounded life through the power of comforting wellness rituals.
What Is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is the main non-psychoactive compound in Cannabis sativa plants. CBD is usually extracted from industrial hemp plants, which are naturally low in the mind-altering cannabinoid THC.
Curious consumers can pick between CBD gummies, capsules, creams, vape liquids, tea bags, tinctures, and beyond. However, CBD oil remains one of the most popular CBD products. CBD oil is amazingly versatile #— consumers can enjoy CBD oil by holding it under the tongue or adding it to homemade skincare, food, or wellness products.
Authorised CBD products with a THC content of 0.02 per cent or less are legally available in the UK without a prescription.
Consumers need to be aware that research into the potential benefits and side effects of cannabidiol remains ongoing. Research shows that many CBD consumers choose to add cannabidiol to a wellness routine for overall health and wellbeing. However, CBD shouldn’t be used to prevent, treat, or cure any particular medical condition.
How Yoga Can Supercharge Your Wellness Routine
Yoga is an ancient mind and body practice that incorporates physical poses, calming breathing techniques, and meditative elements. When practised gently and carefully, yoga is safe and beneficial for people of all ages — from children to the elderly.
A regular yoga routine has so many potential health benefits that it’s almost hard to understand why not everyone is doing yoga!
Yoga can help you:
- Relieve stress. A nasty set of mental and physical symptoms alert you that you need to find a way to de-stress and relax. Research has shown that yoga can often help with both, by relieving tension in the body and helping people find emotional clarity.
- Better overall mental health. A regular yoga routine gives you space to devote time to self-care, and research suggests that yoga may have mood-lifting benefits while building resilience.
- Better balance and physical activity. Not all forms of yoga are good calorie burners, but even gentle yoga that centres relaxation and breathing can help people attain better balance. Some forms of yoga increase flexibility.
- Pain relief. Some research indicates that yoga can play a role in pain management, which is especially important for people suffering from chronic pain — including pain related to fibromyalgia and arthritis.
There’s a lot to be said for attending a physical yoga class with an experienced instructor. An instructor can guide you and ensure you maintain proper form. However, continuing your yoga routine at home is a wonderful way to build a wellness routine. People who don’t have access to live yoga classes may also choose to learn yoga techniques in online courses.
You can practise yoga as often as you like — incorporate yoga into your nightly wellness and relaxation routine, for example, or commit to doing yoga three times a week.
Why Meditation Can Help You Find Inner Peace and Better Mental Health
Meditation is a set of practices designed to change your focus, reach a calm and peaceful state of mind, or increase your wellbeing. Many people think of someone sitting in the lotus position and chanting “Ohm” when they imagine meditation, but there’s more to it than that.
Meditation can take the form of:
- Breathing techniques
- Calming poses
- Quiet (positive) thoughts
- Learning to accept your thoughts without judgment
- Visualising calming objects or environments
- Slow movements, such as in Tai Chi
It can also combine many of these aspects. There’s no right or wrong way to meditate, but people interested in learning how to meditate do benefit from learning about common techniques before deciding which ones may be right for them.
Meditative practices have the potential to help manage numerous challenges, boosting overall mental wellbeing in the process. In addition, meditating every day gives you an oasis of calm and predictability in a chaotic world — and that alone can be beneficial.
Incorporating CBD Products Into Your Yoga Or Meditation Practice
Do you have a daily yoga or meditation routine? Would you like to incorporate cannabidiol products into your self-care rituals?
You could choose from among many commercially-available CBD products and take them as directed right before starting your daily wellness routine:
- CBD oil. Measure your desired dose of cannabidiol, using the dropper provided, and then hold the CBD oil under your tongue for 60 to 90 seconds before swallowing it.
- CBD capsules. It doesn’t get much more convenient than swallowing a pre-dosed CBD capsule with water!
- CBD gummies. Cannabidiol-infused gummies are just as convenient as capsules, but much tastier!
- CBD creams or lotions. CBD skincare products make another lovely addition to a wellness routine centred on meditation or yoga.
- CBD vape liquids. Some people might want to vape CBD while meditating.
All these ways to take CBD products are solid options — the “bread and butter” of CBD if you like. However, creative spirits who want to push the boundaries can also add CBD oil, a versatile base product, to their own unique creations.
Here are some ideas:
- Mix water, your desired dose of CBD oil, and essential oils of your choice in a small spray bottle, and use the mixture to make a CBD-infused yoga mat.
- Add CBD oil to your essential oil diffuser, and enjoy aromatherapy during your meditation or yoga practice.
- Make your own CBD-infused candles (following a tried-and-tested candle recipe!).
- Create your own CBD-infused tea. CBD tea bags are already on the market, but why not make your cuppa more exciting? Your tea can include ingredients like lemon, turmeric, ginger, chamomile, lavender, and sage — as well as a drop of CBD oil.
- Do you have a partner? You could make a nice CBD-infused massage oil. Don’t forget other wonderful scents like lavender or eucalyptus, and give each other relaxing post-yoga massages.
However you decide to add CBD to your meditation or yoga routine, remember to start with the lowest dose. Listen to your body, and only gradually boost your dose of cannabidiol if you feel the need to.
Adding CBD to Your Yoga or Meditation Practice: A Recap
Yoga and meditation are both excellent ways to ground yourself and give yourself the space you need to focus on personal growth.
Want to add CBD to your wellness routine? You can start by choosing from among the most popular CBD products, including CBD oil, CBD gummies, CBD capsules, CBD vape liquids, or CBD creams. If you want to get more creative, you can also make your own CBD-infused products. We’ve given you some ideas to get started, but let your imagination run wild!
Always remember to use CBD products responsibly, by starting with the lowest dose and paying attention to your body.