Are you looking for high-quality CBD products in London, but do you feel overwhelmed by the vast array of options? Even the most dedicated retail therapy enthusiasts are bound to start suffering from shopping fatigue in a city with the population of a small country!
Don’t worry — we’ve got you covered. This guide will show you where to shop for premium CBD oil and other exciting cannabidiol products in London. Keeping in mind that not all CBD is created equal, we’ll show you how to pick quality cannabidiol, too.
What Is Cannabidiol?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of more than 100 cannabinoids in Cannabis sativa plants. In contrast to the mind-altering compound tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), CBD is non-psychoactive and non-addictive.
Industrial hemp, which is naturally high in CBD, is the primary source of cannabidiol products. The hemp grown in the UK and the European Union has a maximum THC content of 0.02 per cent, and products derived from this Cannabis sativa variety have been growing in popularity in recent years.
CBD products won’t get you high, but they do impact the endocannabinoid system in your body.
This fascinating system — first discovered in the 1980s — plays a role in regulating vital bodily functions, including mood, behaviour, memory inflammation, pain management, and appetite. Two unique endocannabinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2, form a vast network stretching across the body. The brain, spinal cord, and nerve endings are especially rich in endocannabinoid receptors.
The endocannabinoid system didn’t just evolve to interact with the cannabinoids in marijuana and industrial hemp plants, though. Your body also makes its own cannabinoids, including the first one to be discovered — anandamide, which means “bliss”.
CBD interacts with the CB1 and CB2 receptors in your body but doesn’t bind to them directly. Instead, CBD inhibits the action of the enzyme fatty acid amide hydrolase, which breaks the endogenous cannabinoids your body makes down. As such, CBD potentially makes more endogenous cannabinoids available to your cells.
Are CBD Products Legal in the UK?
CBD products are legally available in the UK (including in London) without a prescription. While marijuana is a Class B controlled substance that’s illegal to use unless you have a medical license, the Food Standards Agency considers CBD a novel food product.
Novel food products are foods that weren’t widely used before 1997 in the UK or European Union, and chia seeds are another famous example.
Because CBD is derived from industrial hemp — a plant that contains some THC, a controlled substance — there are some extra caveats. CBD products sold in the UK may have a maximum THC content of 0.02 per cent.
Cannabidiol manufacturers and stockists also have to comply with strict regulations. While the scientific community continues to learn about the possible applications, benefits, and risks of CBD products, CBD sellers can’t make any claims about cannabidiol’s potential health implications.
Consumers, who are bound to come across all sorts of exciting studies, should also take a responsible approach to enjoying CBD. Don’t use CBD as a substitute for a medication your doctor prescribes you or use it to prevent or manage a particular condition. Consult your GP if you have any questions about adding cannabidiol to your wellness routine!
Choosing Your Ideal CBD Product: Quick Tips for Savvy Londoners
Shopping for CBD products can be tricky, especially if you’ve never tried cannabidiol before.
You can take CBD in lots of different ways, and some of the most popular options include:
- CBD oil. With high bioavailability if you take it by holding it under the tongue for 60 to 90 seconds, CBD oil remains one of the top choices. You can also cook with CBD oil or add it to creams and lotions.
- CBD gummies. Prefer a tasty treat you can easily take with you? CBD sweets may be the way to go.
- CBD capsules. People who already use vitamin supplements might like to add CBD to their routines in capsule form.
- CBD vape liquids. Vapers may flock to this convenient CBD delivery method, which is also fast-acting.
- CBD creams, lotions, and other topicals. CBD skincare products likely won’t reach your bloodstream, but the skin has its own endocannabinoid receptors. Topical CBD products will also hydrate your skin.
You’ll find unique choices like CBD-infused coffee, pastries, energy drinks, or shampoo as well, particularly if you love poking around Covent Garden. The perks of living in London, right?
No matter which CBD product you end up choosing, it will fall into one of three basic categories.
Full-spectrum CBD oil contains all of hemp’s natural compounds, including minor cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, and up to 0.02 per cent THC. Broad-spectrum CBD oil is home to the same compounds, but because more THC is removed from these cannabidiol products, only trace amounts are left.
CBD isolate is, meanwhile, CBD in its purest form. These products don’t contain any THC and may be suitable for people intending to use slightly higher doses.
With so many choices, how do you decide which CBD brand to trust? Here are some tips:
- CBD brands that offer certificates of analysis and have subjected their products to third-party lab testing should inspire confidence. You’ll know the product’s labelling is accurate in these cases, and you can verify the CBD product’s potency.
- Some CBD products have third-party certifications, such as gluten-free, organic, cruelty-free, or vegan labels. That’s especially important for people with dietary restrictions or ethical concerns. Organically-grown hemp won’t absorb pesticides because they won’t be used in cultivation.
- Safe CBD extraction methods include supercritical CO2 extraction, ethanol extraction, and olive oil extraction. When butane and hexane are used, the resulting CBD product may contain hazardous residues.
Shopping for CBD in London: Online vs Local
Let’s face it — some people live for shopping and crave the hustle and bustle of the metropolis. They’ll take hours of purchase-less browsing over the convenience of online shopping any day.
Others dread the thought of spending a minute more on the London tube than they have to and stick to their own boroughs whenever they can.
The choice is yours. That’s the luxury of living in London, where you’ll find the whole world and more.
Vibes CBD Offers Next-Day Delivery to All London Customers!
Vibes CBD offers a tried-and-trusted selection of premium cannabidiol products in a range of strengths. Our selection includes:
- Premium-quality CBD oil free from THC, but with the addition of natural terpenes and flavonoids.
- Beautifully-packaged and tasty CBD gummies perfect for “out and about”.
- Handy CBD capsules for no-fuss consumers.
Don’t feel like braving the elements today? No problem. When you order CBD from Vibes CBD, our express shipping ensures your product arrives the next day!
Shopping for in London: A Glance at Your Options
The major retailers Holland & Barrett, Tesco, and Boots all carry an impressive range of CBD products in select locations. Londoners have a better chance of randomly coming across them than people anywhere else in the UK — but you probably still want to call ahead and check.
Of course, London is also home to an exciting range of speciality CBD shops. They include:
- LDN CBD — 126 Camden Road, London NW1 9EE
- Mr Nice — 23 Noel Street, Soho, London, W1F 8GT
- TheDrug.Store — 14 Hinde St, Marylebone, London W1U 3BG
Enjoy Your London CBD Shopping Experience!
We hope our tips on selecting quality CBD products in London or online helped you narrow down your choices — and that you’ll enjoy the cannabidiol product of your choice in no time!
Shopping for CBD can be intimidating, especially in a city as big as London, but it’s easier when you have an action plan. Don’t like shopping? No problem. Vibes CBD offers quality cannabidiol with next-day delivery.