Are you curious about cannabidiol products and hoping to give CBD oil a go? If you’re based in Manchester, you may wonder where to get your hands on high-quality CBD without leaving the city.
Manchester is the fifth-largest city in the UK. Surely a bustling metropolis with a population of over 2.5 million is home to more than a few shops that stock cannabidiol? You bet! Mind you, shopping online is even more convenient, and often nearly as fast, in 2023.
We’ll show you where you can shop for CBD products in Manchester and what to look out for before you fill your basket!
What Is Cannabidiol?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a non-psychoactive and non-addictive cannabinoid found in Cannabis sativa plants. CBD is found in marijuana and industrial hemp plants alike, but the two have some important differences:
- Marijuana plants are a variety of Cannabis sativa with a high tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content. THC is the stuff that gets you high — and marijuana remains a Class B controlled substance that’s not legal to use without a medical marijuana license.
- Industrial hemp is a low-THC variety that’s naturally high in CBD. It also contains a myriad of other minor cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, and essential oils. Hemp is a versatile crop that’s also used to make hemp seed oil, hemp protein, textile, and construction materials, to name just a few examples.
So, CBD doesn’t have a mind-altering effect. However, like the other (100+!) cannabinoids you’ll find in industrial hemp, it does act on the endocannabinoid system in your body.
This vast network of signals and receptors regulates memory, mood, behaviour, inflammation, pain management, and appetite, among other vital bodily functions. The two endocannabinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2, are spread all over the brain, spinal cord, nerve endings, and immune cells, helping to keep you happy and healthy.
Whoah, a whole bodily system that reacts to cannabinoids? You bet, but it’s important to mention that your body makes its own cannabinoids naturally. Not all cannabinoids come from hemp.
Cannabidiol doesn’t seem to bind directly to CB1 or CB2 receptors. Instead, it blocks the action of an enzyme that breaks the endogenous cannabinoids your body makes down, thereby potentially making more cannabinoids available to your cells.
Great! Is That Legal?
The UK considers cannabidiol a “novel food product” — in other words, a food that appeared on the market fairly recently. UK residents (including people living in Manchester) can legally buy CBD products with a maximum THC content of 0.02 per cent.
CBD manufacturers and stockists have to adhere to strict regulations, however. They have to apply for authorisation before they can sell CBD products and aren’t allowed to make health claims.
Research into the potential effects of cannabidiol is still ongoing, and the scientific community is learning about the possible benefits and side effects of CBD products. It is, therefore, important to use CBD responsibly. Consumers would be advised to talk to their GP if they have particular health concerns and shouldn’t use CBD products in an attempt to prevent, treat, or cure a specific condition.
How to Choose the Right CBD Product for You
People new to CBD can easily get overwhelmed by the ocean of choices that lies before them.
You can choose from three types of CBD:
- Full-spectrum CBD contains all the compounds naturally present in industrial hemp. Besides cannabidiol, full-spectrum CBD also has terpenes, flavonoids, essential oils, and other minor cannabinoids. In the UK, these products have a THC content of up to 0.02 per cent. That won’t cause mind-altering effects, but not everyone feels comfortable ingesting THC.
- Broad-spectrum CBD is very similar, but it contains no more than trace amounts of THC.
- CBD isolate is pure CBD. These products do not have terpenes, flavonoids, or any other cannabinoids.
Once you decide which type of CBD is right for you, you can choose from (nearly) countless different products. Popular options include:
- CBD oil. CBD oil is highly bioavailable if you administer it sublingually (hold it under your tongue), but you can also use it in cooking or as an ingredient for homemade skincare products.
- CBD gummies. CBD sweets and other edibles are a convenient and tasty way to get CBD.
- CBD capsules. You can swallow CBD capsules with water, and they’re highly portable, too.
- CBD vape liquids. Inhaling CBD gives you even more bioavailability than holding it under the tongue. CBD vape liquids are a good choice for people who already vape.
- CBD creams, lotions, and other topicals. The skin has endocannabinoid receptors, and CBD topicals are absorbed locally. Using CBD skincare products means that cannabidiol is unlikely to reach your bloodstream.
Shopping for CBD in Manchester: Should You Go Local or Buy Online?
Deciding where to shop for CBD oil or other CBD products is a little trickier than choosing where in Manchester to buy your clothes or food. Not every retailer carries cannabidiol, after all. Even if your local corner shop has CBD oil, you might want to keep looking — because quality is your top priority.
There’s good news, though. Finding CBD in Manchester isn’t that hard, especially if you’re already shopping. Shoppers who crave convenience and don’t want to leave their homes can also simply order CBD oil online, however.
Just make sure you buy from a reputable UK CBD retailer because CBD products from the United States may have a slightly higher THC content that’s not allowed in Britain (0.03 per cent).
Vibes CBD Offers Next-Day Delivery to All Manchester Customers!
Vibes CBD offers premium-quality CBD oil in various strengths and with appealing flavours. Vibes CBD oil has 0 per cent THC and contains natural terpenes and flavonoids. We also offer CBD capsules and delicious, portable CBD gummies.
Our CBD isolate products are a tastier way to consume cannabidiol — and Vibes CBD offers free next-day delivery with every order. You can’t go wrong with that if you’re looking for CBD in Manchester but don’t really feel like looking around the local high street!
Shopping for CBD Locally: Where to Find CBD in Manchester
There’s no denying that some CBD consumers prefer to shop locally. Which reputable retailers carry quality CBD products in Manchester, you wonder?
Holland & Barrett, Tesco, and Boots all stock a range of cannabidiol products. That doesn’t mean all locations have CBD, of course. Even if your closest Tesco, Holland & Barrett, or Boots sells CBD oil, they may not have all the products you see on the website. Call ahead if you don’t like the thought of a wasted shopping trip!
Where to Buy CBD Products in Manchester: Some Final Tips
Major retailers now carry CBD products at select locations in Manchester. Call or email your chosen high street chain if you prefer to buy from a physical shop, just to make sure they have what you want!
Buying CBD online is just as easy, however. Vibes CBD makes sure that the CBD products you purchase from your Manchester home arrive via express shipping the day after you order! Shopping for CBD in Manchester doesn’t have to be stressful. In fact, you don’t even need to leave your home!